The Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners. The Channel Manager is responsible for
achieving sales, profitability, expanding market share and partner objectives.
The Channel Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
Requirement for Position:
- Broad knowledge of a technical or professional discipline. Detailed understanding of fiber cable and related passive fiber products and how they fit, function and benefit the network.
- Broad knowledge of Data Centers.
- Proficient in using Customer Relationship Management Software.
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven record of ability to self-manage.
- 5 – 10 years industry experience.
OTHER SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE OR SKILL:
Need well developed communication skills, excellent presentation, inter-personal skills, ability to establish rapport with diverse mix of individuals (customers), skill at negotiating, “upbeat” outlook even at dismal times, resiliency against rejection, aggressive self starter, high energy level.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated partner accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes partner account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes require training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
Reports to VP Sales.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with partner and end-user customer management as appropriate.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolutions.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities within specific partner accounts.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position requires extensive travel.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.