PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure the profitability and market position aspects of Sumitomo’s 4th Level Data Center solutions, including providing professional leadership to our sales staff, customer support groups, marketing and engineering teams. Provide thorough and regular reports to direct and executive management on the status of the 4th Level Data Center solutions, including details pertaining to: sales, supply chain, development, technical, financial, forecasts/projections and planning.
To work with all respective sales group to strategically position and promote the 4th Level Data Center solutions to designated market, customer and technology groups. Responsible for developing and presenting thorough and compelling technical and marketing resources including brochures, presentations, technical documents and positioning collateral to effectively communicate and position the 4th Level Data Center solutions with the end purpose of establishing market leadership and sustainable profitability growth for the 4th Level Data Center solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Produce the market/product plan
- Produce annual budget and regular forecasts
- Perform market requirement studies
- Manage product life cycle
- Manage product features/developments
- Perform cost/price analysis
- Prepare pricing strategies
- Perform capacity requirements and production requirements analysis and report to supply chain management team
- Perform market share analysis
- Perform competition/competitors products analysis
- Manage product promotion/support materials efforts
- Analyze customer inquiries for potential products
- Develop various collateral resources for purpose of presentation through various platforms
- Participate in market, customer and technology groups for purpose of positioning Sumitomo 4th Level Data Center solutions
- Directly assist sales organization to effectively promote & position 4th Level Data Center solutions
- Working effectively within a virtual team, taking strategic direction from opportunity owners and considering inputs from team members. Works with the sales team in preparing the account planning documents.
- Listening to customers, probing for business process pains and opportunities, in an effort to meet or exceed their expectations
- Trusted Advisor
- Organized and analytical
- Understands the customer’s business
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
Experience – 5+ years in related technical field (communications, e.g., OSP, data center, enterprise)
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Knowledge of Customer Base with specific knowledge of OSP, Data Center and Enterprise markets
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, and Writing Skills Required.
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Experience in fiber optics preferred.
- Supervisory experience necessary.
- Excellent computer skills.
- 4 year degree required, technical degree desired
- Broad knowledge of a technical field such as engineering or technical management. Equivalent to a complete technical college or university degree.