Sumitomo Electric Lightwave’s UHFC Cable Transition Module is an elegant solution for bringing Ultra-High Fiber-Count cable directly to a rack for patch panel terminations. The transition module is positioned at the top-rear of the rack and is height adjustable. The top includes 3 large cable glands for the UHFC cable to enter the unit. Inside the cable is opened to reveal the pliable ribbons to be diverted into the 8 smaller cable glands that work well with 864 to 1728 fibers. These groupings of 864-1728 fibers travel through conduit directly to Sumitomo’s preterminated 6RU patch panels.
- Internal grounding lugs for UHFC cable
- 3 large incoming ports, 8 small outgoing ports
- Conduit included for connecting to 864 6RU preterminated panels
- Protection socking included for feeding ribbon bundles
- Eliminates need for splice vault at POE